Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Break

I am terribly late on this, but I have been trying to not spend so much time on the computer.  More on that later, but following are pictures of what we did for spring break.  Well actually first is a picture of one my favorite parts of spring at my house.  I am not sure what this bush is called, but it blooms right at the beginning of spring and I love it!  It is so full and colorful, I had to take a picture of it because I knew it wouldn't last forever (in fact the snow last weekend- yes, I said SNOW for all of you that aren't in WA - already killed a lot of the flowers).



So, on to Spring break:  On Monday we just went shopping and got stuff done.  On Tuesday my mom came over and we went out to lunch, and then to the park to fly some airplanes she got the boys.  It was a beautiful day and fun to see her.  S had the day to himself.  He spent most of the day cutting back some HUGE "shrubberies" in our backyard, it was quite the project.  We had so much stuff we cut off we filled ours and 3 other neighbors yard waste bins full (they even jumped in them to pack them in and the garbage guys wouldn't take one of them - sorry Jessica!)  On Wednesday we sat around and did research for a bigger car - no results yet, we're still looking. Then finally decided to get off our fannies and go out for dinner and get K some new shoes, it was fun in the end.  On Thursday we took the boys to Whirligig in Seattle.  I had never been there before but they fill the Seattle Center House with big slides and bouncy houses and a bunch of other fun stuff.  It was fun, but crowded.  Luckily we ran into S's cousin and her family and they invited us to go with them to the Seattle Children's Museum downstairs. It was fun; I tried to get some good pictures.






After the Children's Museum we took the boys for a ride on the monorail.  They loved riding in a train up high above the roads.


Then we took the boys to see the fountain. K had a blast running up to see and touch it.  H wouldn't hardly get near it.


On Friday we took the boys to the Everett Children's Museum.



Friday night S and H had a jam session.  It was quite the concert!


On Saturday and Sunday was our church's general conference.  Saturday night all the girls did the usual banana splits for dinner at S's parents while the guys went to the priesthood session.  Then the guys went to S's brother's house for a Wii (did I spell that right?) boxing match.  I forgot who won.  

Sunday we went to S's parents house for the afternoon session and stayed for the evening.  The boys took full advantage of having Grandma all to themselves.


That was the big pieces of our week, and it was fun and busy.  A little more than H could take I guess.  



3 comments:

Amber said...

Well, I guess both of us broke today and sat down and caught up on our blogs. =)
That is awesome that Sam plays the guitar! I didn't know he did! I love all the pictures! The monorail looks awesome. We'll have to try that sometime.

Braydan and Jessica said...

Looks like a fun spring break! Thanks for FINALLY posting about it :) I love the picture of Henry worn out after all the adventures. They got spoiled going to all those places! Never heard of whirligig, but we'll have to try it some day maybe.

KANDY said...

EMILY...I'D SAY IT'S ABOUT TIME....BUT WE'VE ALL HAD OUR "LAZY" MOMENTS AS IT RELATES TO BLOGGING! I KNOW I HAVE. ITS GARD TO FIND THINGS TO SHARE. I DO HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT TODAY. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE! IF WE WASTE IT INSIDE...I WILL YELL AT MYSELF! LOVE THE PICTURES IN SEATTLE. I JUST TOLD JESSE TO TAKE THE KIDS AND MYSELF FOR A MONORAIL RIDE! OFCOURSE HE SAID " I DON'T WANT TO WASTE THE GAS" WHAT A BRATT! I GUESS I'LL SETTLE FOR A WALK TO THE GOAT PARK! :) SEE YOU AT CHURCH!