Monday, November 10, 2008

First Haircut

Last week Miles had his first haircut. His hair wasn't terribly long, but the back was longer and thicker than the front so he was starting to sport the mullet.  What's the problem with that, you say?  Nothing really, if you idealize Chuck Norris, rednecks, or 80's hairstyles. Miles doesn't, yet.  Here's a shot of the "before:"


Here's a shot of the mullet-esque back: (note: I know mullet-esque is not a word, therefore I have no idea if it's spelled correctly or not.)



In my experience, little boys often have a hard time with haircuts. The whole concept of having to sit still in a chair for longer than 5 minutes while someone is messing around your head with a buzzing machine and sharp objects that you aren't allowed to touch seems to be a tough concept for them.  Surprisingly, Miles did awesome.  I might even go so far as to say it was one of the easiest haircuts I've ever given.

I did have to resort to giving him a sucker, but he kept wanting to see what I was doing so he needed a distraction, plus he was he totally earned it.


After one very sticky hairy boy, and some slightly hairy bathtub water, here's what we came out with.  So handsome!


P.S. Ignore the apron.  I usually wear a more traditional black stylists apron when cutting hair, but I had just finished cooking and eating dinner and still had this on so I used it instead.  (It's awesome huh? Come on, you know you want one too.)

3 comments:

Amber said...

What a handsome boy!!! I can't wait to see him in person. I bet he was a lot easier than Hannah. She probably has been your hardest =).

KANDY said...

Again with this anonymous!! What the heck???
So he had a little mullet.....
We do live in the back woods, well as close as I've ever been!
Great job on the " buzz"..
I've always been a fan of "easy" !!

Braydan and Jessica said...

What a cute boy! Love the apron too!